Monday, June 25, 2012

June 23, 2012 Lunch – Taj Mahal, Dinner – Pork Fried Rice with Cucumber, Onion, Tomato, Avocado and Mango Salad

June 23, 2012 Lunch – Taj Mahal,  Dinner – Pork Fried Rice with Cucumber, Onion, Tomato, Avocado and Mango Salad

I met my son, Luke, at Taj Mahal for lunch.  It was great as always.  I was hungry so I ate a slice of  Nan (wheat bread baked in a clay oven), with some rice and a yellow squash and potato curry, Saag Paneer (Greens cooked with spices and Indian cheese), and tandoori chicken (chicken marinated over night in yogurt and tandoori spices) and then baked in the clay oven) garnished with fresh onions and cold riata (a yogurt sauce flavored with spices and cucumber and potato).

To my taste, Taj Mahal has the best Saag Paneer in Albuquerque.  It does not have intense spiciness, but it seems very authentic with lots of well cooked greens and garlic and cilantro and little chili.     

I called Suzette in the afternoon to tell her that I did not have any food ideas for dinner, but we decided to thaw out a couple of chops from the freezer.  I thawed out two pork chops.  When Suzette got home I was still in a conversation with a client and still not very hungry for dinner but Suzette was so she went to the fridge and got out some cooked rice on which I had poured the rest of the teriyaki sauce from the teriyaki salmon dinner last week.  Then she made an egg pancake in the wok and then made fried rice by sautéing the teriyaki rice with the egg, while she sautéed the pork chops.  We served the pork chop with the fried rice and some Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad with balsamic and olive oil from last night’s meal to which we added a chopped avocado and a chopped mango.  The salad/salsa mixture turned out to be quite interesting with the pork and sweet teriyaki rice. 

We drank a California Pinot Grigio.  I like California Pinot Grigio because it has a little more earthiness than many Italian ones.

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment