Monday, June 25, 2012

June 22, 2012 Breakfast – Ham and mushroom and green onion and cheddar cheese Omelet Dinner – Sausages and corn and cucumber, tomato and onion salad

June 22, 2012  Breakfast – Ham and mushroom and green onion and cheddar cheese Omelet  Dinner – Sausages and corn and cucumber, tomato and onion salad

I made a three egg omelet with the above ingredients plus a clove of fresh garlic, two scallions chopped finely and a handful of fresh kale from the garden.  We ate it in the garden with a glass of dry Proseco.  Lovely.

During the day I made a salad with

2 fresh roma tomatoes, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
4 Tbsp. of onion, minced
1 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar and
2 Tbsp of olive oil

Also, I boiled two artichokes (Sunflower Market $1.25 each) for about two hours, which made their flesh extremely tender.  I have usually cooked artichokes for about 1 hour and I can tell you that they improve with more cooking, if you do not like al dente artichoke.  I made a simple

Artichoke dipping sauce:

½ cup Kraft Mayonnaise
juice of ½ lemon
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. of dried dill
Optional: dash of Worstershire Sauce

This is my simple standard artichoke dipping sauce.

For dinner we had no strong direction and were hungry so we ate one of the artichokes and then

I boiled 2 ears of white corn and two Hot Italian Pork Sausages, in a pot filled with water deep enough to allow the corn and sausages to float, that I had bought at Sunflower Market on Thursday.  After boiling the sausages, I sautéed them in olive oil for about ten minutes to brown them and fully cook them,  We served the sausages on a plate with the a bed of fresh romaine lettuce from the garden garnished with a couple of scoops of  the cucumber, tomato and onion salad and drank a beer.  Very simple and light and I slept all night.

Bon Appétit

 


No comments:

Post a Comment