Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 26, 2012 Dinner – PPI Lamb Stew with Stir fried Bok Choy

February 26, 2012  Dinner – PPI Lamb Stew with Stir fried Bok Choy

I admit that I made a poor match tonight fixing stir fried bok choy to serve with the PPI lamb stew.  Suzette said I should have done a more Italian like prep, sautéing the bok Choy in olive oil and fresh garlic. 

Instead I stir fried it with mushrooms and a bit of onion using my standard Chinese method; heating peanut and sesame oil and then adding in succession garlic, ginger, the white bok choy stalks, then the green tops with the mushrooms, and then seasoning with mushroom soy, rice wine, a bit of sugar and salt and finally thickening with cornstarch. 

We served the lamb stew and bok choy over rice.  Just okay, not a great meal, but we were more interested in watching the Academy Awards than cooking and just wanted something hot to eat as we watched all the glamour of the Oscars.

To compound the absurdity of the meal, I tried to heat up some two year old punschroller from IKEA that were so old that their marzipan coatings had gone irretrievably hard.  They were beyond rescue.  We will need to go to IKEA when we visit Dallas at the end of March for a fresh supply.

But see what I did with the PPI stir fried Bok Choy tomorrow (February 27, 2012) for lunch. 

Mal Appètit

No comments:

Post a Comment