Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 11, 2012 Lunch – Steak stir fry; Dinner- Swordfish with Asparagus and Fried Potatoes

February 11, 2012 Lunch – Steak stir fry;  Dinner- Swordfish with Asparagus and Fried Potatoes

At around , for lunch I made a dish I have not made in some time.  I chopped up about 1/3 lb. of rib eye steak, three stalks of asparagus, 2 mushrooms, about ¼ cup onion and one clove of garlic.  I heated some olive oil in a wok and then threw in the meat, onion, garlic and asparagus.  I then diced about 1/3 tomato and after a few minutes threw in the mushrooms and about ½ Tbs. of butter and 1/3 cup of chopped spaghetti.  After that cooked for a few minutes I threw in the tomato and a Tbs. of fresh pesto and then two stirred eggs and about 1/8 cup of sliced Petit Basque cheese and let the whole mixture stiffen.  Then I flipped the mixture in sections to cook the other side into a kind of egg foo young.  

After I rode twenty miles I was tired and dirty.  While we watched McLauglin Report, we decided to cook the Swordfish and some potatoes and asparagus.  While I took a shower, Suzette smeared the swordfish I had bought at Sunflower Market on Thursday with some of the fresh pesto she had made and grilled it and steamed ten stalks of asparagus and sliced one of the PPI baked potatoes and ½ of an onion into thin slices and sautéed them in a skillet with olive oil and butter until browned and crisp.  I opened a bottle of Ferme Vielle white from Luberon in the Rhone (Trader Joe’s $4.99), which was light but did not clash with the pesto flavored fish.  The most interesting thing was that Suzette grilled the fish perfectly.  It was firm and flaky but still moist in the center while crisp on the outside.

Bon Appètit.

No comments:

Post a Comment