Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3, 2011 Dinner Steak with mushrooms, asparagus and pasta with pesto

November 3, 2011 Dinner Steak with mushrooms, asparagus and pasta with pesto

Dinner was late and not very complicated because Suzette got home after and I rode 18 miles.  I chopped up some garlic greens and thyme I picked in the garden and cut up one-half of a fresh pimiento and five mushrooms and one cipollini onion.  I steamed asparagus while Suzette sautéed a rib steak with Sushito peppers and I sautéed the onion, garlic greens, thyme, pimiento and mushrooms in olive oil and butter with a pinch of sea salt.  After the mixture took on some of the oil, I threw in about 2 T of Spanish Amontillado Sherry and covered the pan to heat the mixture through and mix the aromas.

I was careful to find and taste the fresh pesto Suzette had made and we micro waved some of the left over pasta tossed with the pesto and garnished with grated parmesan cheese.

The entire prep time took about fifteen minutes. It was served with some leftover horseradish sauce, and it made a beautiful plate of colors. 

We enjoyed our filling and varied dinner with a glass of the Cutler Creek Cabernet Sauvignon and followed it with a few chocolates with the last sips of the red wine. 

Bon Apétit

No comments:

Post a Comment