Friday, August 4, 2023

August 2, 2023 Lunch - Vietnamese 2000 Dinner - Beef Short Rib Stew with Mashed Potatoes and Cabbage

August 2, 2023 Lunch - Vietnamese 2000  Dinner - Beef Short Rib Stew with Mashed Potatoes and Cabbage


I ate granola for breakfast with milk, blueberries and yogurt.


Then Leslie and I went to the closing for her sale of her house.


After we returned home I drove the mini to get an emission test and then I drove to Vietnam 2000 and ordered my usual, No. 30, which is fried egg rolls and grilled marinated pork on a bed of vermicelli rice noodles on a bed of chopped lettuce, basil, and cilantro and mung bean sprouts.




I took about 1/3 of No. 30 home which became a snack for Suzette when she arrived around 5:00.


Around 6:15 Suzette reheated the PPI Short Rib stew and the PPI Mashed Potatoes and Braised Cabbage Medley. We had a fabulous Dinner. After dinner I enjoyed the beef tendon broth and mirepoix left in the pot which was one of the best soups I have eaten in a long time.




I opened a bottle of Barbera di Asti (Trader Joe’s $7.99???) for dinner that had a pleasing chalkiness and tannic acidity that complemented the rich beef sauce perfectly.


We watched a bit of TV and went to bed early around 8:30. We are both working hard all day to get as much done as possible before our trip.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment