Tuesday, January 8, 2019

January 7; 2019 Lunch - Beef Pate Salad. Dinner – Beef Enchiladas

January 7; 2019 Lunch - Beef Pate Salad.  Dinner – Beef Enchiladas

I ate yogurt, milk, bananas, blueberries, and granola for breakfast.

I went to my new physical therapy session at 11:00 and returned home around 12:30.  I had a hankering for a fresh salad, since I have not had a fresh salad since I went to the hospital on December 20.

I bought a head of romaine lettuce on Sunday at El Super plus a cucumber and Roma tomatoes.  Today I diced a Roma tomato, 1/3 cucumber, 1 oz. of Jarlsberg cheese, two slices of beef pate plus 2 oz. of red onion and capers and dressed the salad with Cesar dressing.


I loved my first fresh salad.

When Suzette arrived around 5:00 we decided to make enchiladas with the pot roast beef.  Last Sunday I bought requeson (Mexican cottage cheese) and blue corn tortillas.  Suzette softened blue tortillas in the salsa she made last weekend and laid layers of requeson, spinach, crema, beef, spaghetti squash, more tortillas and cheese in a Pyrex baking dish and covered the final assemblage with red Chile that Luke and I made for Christmas plus the last of the salsa.






Suzette baked the baking dish of enchiladas for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.


Willy arrived at 7:15 as we were getting ready to serve and joined us for dinner.

Suzette and I shared a beer and Wily drank water.

We enjoyed the diversity of ingredients That provided everything we needed in a meal.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment