Monday, January 21, 2019

January 21, 2019 Lunch – Padilla’s Dinner – Duck Breast Salad

January 21, 2019 Lunch – Padilla’s  Dinner – Duck Breast Salad

We ate granola, yogurt, and tropical fruit salad for breakfast.


I went to my semi-annual dental check up and cleaning at noon and afterwards I drove to Padilla’s and ordered a chile relleno plate with double beans and green Chile. I only ate 1 of the 2 chile rellenos and half the beans because I have learned that the dish is served with two hot sopapillas.  I think Padilla’s have the best sopapillas in town, so I ate both of mine served after the meal and boxed the other half of my meal for tomorrow’s lunch.

I then went home and signed an order from last Thursday’s hearing and left for my weekly Physical therapy at 2:30.  I had therapy from 3:00 until 3:45 and then drove to the Apple store to find out if the call I had received in the morning was a sham and found out it was.  Satisfied I went to Williams-Sonoma and Trader Joe’s trying to find chestnuts nut neither had them. Mi bought two more bottles of the 2017 Louis Dublanc Cotes Du Rhone red for $6.99 each and drove home around 4:45.

As I was putting the wine bottles in boxes in the dining room, Suzette arrived.

We immediately went to the garden and picked lettuce and arugula for the duck breast salad we intended to make.  After watching the news for a bit, we started dinner.  We washed, tore, and spun the lettuce.  I diced tomatoes, green onions, 1/3 of a cucumber, and potatoes and duck that Suzette had heated in the microwave.  Suzette also chopped about 1/3 cup of the Martha Stewart sugar roasted pecans that we added to the salad.






We poured out the rest of the bottle of Louis Dublanc Cotes Du Rhone we opened last night and enjoyed our salads, except I had diced some slightly molded tomatoes and did not properly remove all the rotten parts, which Suzette found unacceptable and rejected.

After dinner I toasted a slice of nine grain bread and buttered it and lay slices of Iberico cheese on it and melted it for a very pleasant melted cheese sandwich with the last sips of wine.

Later during the Antiques Roadshow we sipped cognac and nibbled pieces of chocolate.

Willy came by to do his laundry for a while, but had eaten.

We watched a very interesting documentary called “Rumble” about the contributions to Rock and Roll by Native American musicians.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment