Monday, April 23, 2018

April 22, 2018 Lunch – Ming Dynasty. Dinner – Grilled Ribeye Steak and ears of corn with steamed broccoli and sautéed Mushrooms

April 22, 2018 Lunch – Ming Dynasty. Dinner – Grilled Ribeye Steak and ears of corn with steamed broccoli and sautéed Mushrooms.

I watched the news until 10:00 and then while Suzette and Mario worked in the yard I rode the 15 mile southern loop.

When I returned at 12:45, we were both hungry and I had made an appointment to pick up two art pieces at the art conservator’s house near Menaul and Wyoming.  I decided to stop at Ming Dynasty on the way because Ming serves dim sum until 2:00 on the weekend.  Two carts converged on our table a moment after we sat down.  One held mostly fried filled dessert dumplings, so we waved that one away.  The other one served us shrimp filled dumplings, Su Mai (pork filled dumplings), an interesting beef roll wrapped in sheets of tofu in a thick beef broth, and steamed buns.  Suzette drank a Heineken beer and I drank hot tea.

After lunch we picked up the art and returned home and took naps.

At 4:30 I woke and made Potato soup using Julia Child’s recipe in Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

Willy joined us for dinner. I was tired from my ride, so Suzette prepped most of it, de-flowering and  steaming the broccoli and grilling three ears of fresh corn on the Cobb with the two ribeye steaks, although I made garlic bread with 1/3 of the baguette I was given at Los Poblanos last night and sautéed the mushrooms Suzette had sliced in the remaining garlic and olive oil I made to butter slices of baguette after adding 2 T. of butter to the skillet.  I also added 2 T. of Amontillado sherry to flavor the mushrooms and create a light sauce and fetched and warmed the PPI Béarnaise sauce that we dabbed on the steak and broccoli.

Suzette wanted to drink a Pinot Noir with dinner, so I opened a bottle of Cherry Blossom California red wine, my favorite Pinot Noir for under $5.00 that is sold by Trader Joe’s.

It was a simple but elegant dinner.  After dinner I ate a slice of French Brie from Isney Ste. Mere in Normandy on a piece of baguette with sips of Pinot Noir.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment