Sunday, August 20, 2017

August 20, 2017 Brunch – bean salad and tomato omelet. Hershey Vineyard

August 20, 2017 Brunch – bean salad and tomato omelet. Hershey Vineyard

I watched the Sunday morning news programs and the Suzette made an omelet filled with some of the black bean, Vidalia onion, red bell pepper, and lots of corn she had sautéed in olive oil and after it cooled  added 1 T. of Apple cider vinegar.

Jean arrived a bit after noon and we made three ham sandwiches on 12 grain bread, cut up chunks of sharp cheddar cheese, sliced peaches, filled a container with bean salad, and packed an ice chest with those items plus a bag of sliced Lebanon Bologna.

We drove to Hershey Vineyard for the music on the patio.  Suzette, Mrs. Lindemuth and I walked to the tasting room and tasted six or seven wines.  We agreed that the slightly sweet Pinot Grigio tasted the best, so we bought a chilled bottle and took it back to our table.  I had tasted the honey crisp apple cider when we arrived and it was the best drink I tasted at the Vineyard.  The Vineyard also brewed beer, but I did not try it.

I bought a glass of cider and poured glasses of Pinot Grigio and we ate a lovely light lunch in the shade of the overhang on the patio while we listened to a man and a woman play and sing music.

When we finished the bottle of Pinot Grigio I bought a pitcher of apple cider, but we only drank half of it, so we poured the rest into the empty wine bottle and took it home.

                            From left to right Bod, Jean, asuzette and Sarah Lindemuth and me

We did not fix dinner so I ate the uneaten third sandwich with slice of Bologna and a cup of tea at 9:30.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment