Thursday, December 15, 2016

December 12, 2016 Lunch – Anatolia. Dinner – Chicken Stir fry

December 12, 2016  Lunch – Anatolia.  Dinner – Chicken Stir fry

These are busy days for us.  Suzette is doing Christmas activities at the Center.  I am working with Bill Turner to finish his Reply Brief in the Court of Appeals and attending depositions in Martin’s case against the State for wrongful termination.

Today I was in a deposition that lasted from 8:00 to 5:30 p.m.  We took a lunch break and I met Bill Turner for lunch at Anatolia at 313 Central NW, which was 1 block from the building in which the deposition was held.  I ordered my favorite dish, Ishkender Kabob, which is chopped up beef kabob on a bed of diced toasted pita garnished with a savory tomato sauce and yogurt sauce served with a bit of salad dressed with red wine vinegar vinaigrette.  Bill ordered falafels with yogurt sauce.

We talked about the brief and water rights.

After the deposition I went to Lowe’s and bought a bottle of sauerkraut and drove home.  Suzette asked, “Where are the potatoes?”, which made me realize I forgot to buy the third critical ingredient needed for German Bratwurst Casserole.  So I suggested a Chicken stir fry, because we had PPI roasted chicken.  Suzette agreed and I started scouring the fridge. I found four stalks of baby bok Choy, a stalk of celery, ½ of an onion, and a couple of mushrooms, plus the PPI wild rice dressing from Thanksgiving with its fruits and nuts and garlic.  This was not enough ingredients, so I opened a small can of bamboo shoot strips and chopped ½ chicken breast.  I stir fried all the ingredients and thickened them, but was still in my “not enough ingredients” frame of mind, so I added a hand full of shredded coconut, which, because it was finely grated,  gummed up the dish and gave it a gritty texture.  Lesson learned. Enough is enough.  We ate it because we were hungry, not because it appealed to us.

I guess things like this happened when one’s mind is focused on other matters.

Also, Suzette was coming down with a cold and had little enthusiasm for cooking.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment