Thursday, September 15, 2016

September 15, 2016 Lunch – Taj Mahal, Dinner – PPI Pork and Sauerkraut and mashed Roasted Vegetables and Potatoes

September  15, 2016 Lunch – Taj Mahal,  Dinner – PPI Pork and Sauerkraut and mashed Roasted Vegetables and Potatoes

I ate one one the peaches Ed gave us from jus trees in Los Lunas.

They are delicious and we are going to take some to Taos for a cobbler.

I met Aaron and Ioana for lunch at Taj Mahal, which I am glad to say, has not changed its quality or menu since it started 20 or so years ago.

I ate my old favorites, tandoori chicken, saag paneer, onions and rice.

After lunch we each had an errand and then met at my office and drafted an agreement and then socialized and drank glasses of the PPI Tuella and then I opened a bottle of Trimbach Grand Reserve Mirabelle Plum Brandy, that was delicious.

My errand was to go to Sprouts at the corner of San Mateo and Lomas and buy a container of tofu, a gallon of milk, and a 6 oz. package of blueberries for a total of $5.25.  Some items like tofu at $1.25 for 14 oz and milk for $2.29 per gallon seem to be always available at the same low price at Sprouts.  At Pier 1. we used to call these items "Always in Stock items".  The blueberries were $1.66 as a weekly seasonal special.

At 5:00 I drank a glass of carrot juice with a bit of Tropicana orange juice and took a short 30 minute nap.

Suzette came home at 7:30 after a hard day during which her phone system went dead from an electrical surge.  

I has decided to heat up the PPI Pork and Sauerkraut and mashed potatoes and Roasted vegetables, which is what Suzette did while I removed the flowerets from a head of broccoli and steamed them for 8 or 9 minutes in the steamer over high heat.

We drank the open PPI Rose of Pinot Grigio that tasted surprisingly flavorful, given the fact that it had been frozen solid and then thawed, which made its cork burst from the top of it and it sat uncorked in the fridge for a night. 

Maybe we were both rather tired and unexpired to cook and gladly ate the PPI dish we had in the fridge, which tasted really good.  It seems things like meat stews get better with time and reheating.

One of the unsung advantages of PPI’s is that they are there when you do not feel like cooking.


I went to read the new New Yorker in bed around 8:45 and Suzette joined me shortly after 9:00, which is when we went to sleep. 

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment