Thursday, September 1, 2016

September 1, 2016 Lunch – Nellie’s in Las Cruces, Dinner – Stir Fried Pork, mushrooms, Yellow Squash, baby bok choy, corn, and shallot

September 1, 2016 Lunch – Nellie’s in Las Cruces,  
Dinner – Stir Fried Pork, mushrooms, Yellow Squash, baby bok choy, corn, and shallot

I was in court from 9:00 until 12:30 today.  Four of my clients attended, Sammie, Oscar, Steve, and Scott.  After the hearing I said I was interested in eating a really good chile relleno.  Everyone discussed that topic and the consensus arrived at was Nellie’s.  We had been to Nellie’s before and I had enjoyed it, so we went there.  Everyone ordered something different and everything looked good.  Sammie got a green chile hamburger, Oscar got a smothered burrito with red and green chile, Scott got a beef fajita burrito, Steve got a been and cheese burrito, which the waitress said was her favorite, and I ordered the Chile Relleno plate with refried and whole beans.  My chile relleno said were fabulous, prepared just the way you would want them prepared if you could choose.  They were seeded with the stem removed. They were battered with a light airy egg whit and flour batter and lightly sautéed.  I loved them.  I liked the refried beans better than the whole beans, perhaps because I typically prefer refried.

 Oscar's smothered Christmas burrito 

  Sammie's hamburger with refried beans

  Steve's bean and cheese burrito

  My chile relleno plate with refried and whole beans and two rellenos with green chile

    Steve, Scott, Oscar, and Sammie left to right

I then drove home. The Mini performed well getting me home in just three hours with a stop to go to the bathroom at the Fort Craig rest stop.

I decided to cook the last remaining baby bok choy stalk and whatever else was a PPI, which as two half ears of cooked corn, and ½ of a yellow squash for dinner.

I also diced five cloves of garlic, a quarter sized piece of fresh ginger, and a medium shallot plus about ¼ lb. of boneless pork sirloin.

I sautéed the ginger, garlic, shallot, squash, and pork and then after four or five minutes added some sesame oil and the bok choy and mushrooms plus some Chinese Cooking Wine and a tsp. of soy.  Then I added the cooked corn and after a couple more minutes when everything seemed mixed and heated/cooked I added about 2 tsp. of cornstarch in about 2 T. of water and more wine and Chinese Cooking Chew.

  A pretty delicious bunch of PPIs

With the squash and corn, there was no reason to make rice.

When the liquid thickened a bit I served the dish, but the ingredients kept throwing off liquid, so after a couple of helpings, I put the rest in a bowl to use as a soup base for my next noodle soup.

I ate some bittersweet chocolate and watched TV after dinner.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment