Thursday, September 1, 2016

August 31, 2016. Lunch – Chachi’s in Dona Ana, N.M. Tapas – Salud in Las Cruces

August 31, 2016.  Lunch – Chachi’s in Dona Ana, N.M. Tapas – Salud in Las Cruces

I drove to Las a Cruces and arrive a little before noon.  Scott met me at Chachi's in Dona Ana.  Chachi's is a real Mexican family restaurant.  I have been eating soup for lunch almost every day, so my sight soon came to rest on the soups.  There were two offerings, Caldo de res and Albondigas.  No one likes a meatball in soup more than me, so I ordered Albondigas.  Scott ordered fish tacos.

My soup was in all respects, Caldo de res, except four medium sized beef meatballs were substituted for the hunk of beef ($9.00).  The waitress was kind enough to brink me a second bowl of the light beef broth so I could finish all of the ingredients.  Besides the meatballs, there was the usual wedge of fresh corn on the Cobb and a red new potato, and some parsley.  The soup was served with a bowl of Spanish rice, which made the soup really enjoyable when added to the rather bland tasting soup.

After the court hearing, we drove to Salud to work on the case. Mi drank a bottle of Angry Orchard hard apple cider and we ordered two tapas. One was chipolini onion and mushroom caps sautéed in garlic butter and the other was a plate of chicken, pork and salmon chic caromed served with a Serrano aioli dipping sauce.  The tapas were $5.00 each. 

  The chiccarones

  The sautéed mushrooms and chipolini onions

  Salud's signature corn bread and compounded herbed and honey butter

We were full, so we skipped dinner, although I ate a few cookies in my room later.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment