Thursday, August 13, 2015

August 13, 2015 Grilled Rib Steak, Sautéed Chanterelles, garlic, Shishito pepper, and thyme and cucumber, red onion and cherry tomato salad

August 13, 2015 Grilled Rib Steak, Sautéed Chanterelles, garlic, Shishito pepper, and thyme and cucumber, red onion and cherry tomato salad 

I ate PPI lamb stew with couscous and baked pasta for lunch.

At 3:30 I went to Total Wine and bought $120.00 of wine and  a bottle of Chabanneau VSOP cognac for $30.00.  One of the bottles was a 2013 Ropiteau Pinot Noir Burgundy $9.99 less 10% or $8.99.  It is a lovely smooth French style pinot; very fruity with a rather long finish and it will not get bitter or lose its vibrancy after an hour in the open air.


I tasted and liked a La Finca Cabernet Sauvignon from Argentina and bought a bottle of it.  I also bought 4 Mendoza Station Torrontes, 2 Cabs, several new South American roses, an Italian Rose of Pinot Grigio, and 2 Wind Haven Pinot Gris, and 2 Perrin Families Cotes du Rhone. 

I the went to Sprouts and bought an Ahi tuna steak, a 2 1/2 lb chuck roast, some gree beans, a bunch of green onions, some chocolate covered pecans, green grapes and granola.

I thawed out a bone in rib steak overnight.  At 6:45 we started cooking.  I chopped cucumber and red onion and Suzette picked cherry tomatoes in the garden and sliced the larger red ones in half. We put all three ingredients in a bowl and tossed them with Spanish olive oil, balsamic vinegar and ½ tsp of German deli mustard.  

Then I chopped four shishito peppers, thyme, and garlic from our garden and then the chanterelles.  Suzette then swung into action and grilled the steak to medium rare and sautéed the mushrooms and other ingredients. 



L


I had cooked an artichoke at the Palmers’ house last Thursday night.  We opened it up and it was still good, we decided to grill it on the grill with the steak.  

In a few minutes dinner was ready.  We filled our plates and took them to the gazebo with the cucumber salad.  It was cooler and more quiet in the garden, since the dry wall guys were installing drywall in the kitchen.  



I love grilled artichokes with steak.  After dinner we filled our glasses with the rest poured of the bottle and went to the bottce court and played a quick game until night fell.


I am sitting in bed and blogging while I sip the last of my glass of Ropiteau with a bit of ice and it is even more delicious and refreshing cold with a bit of ice.  A wine winner.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment