Monday, April 13, 2015

April 12, 2015 Cedar Plank Grilled Teriyaki Marinated Salmon with Garlic Eggplant, steamed asparagus and Rice

April 12, 2015 Cedar Plank Grilled Teriyaki Marinated Salmon with Garlic Eggplant, steamed asparagus and Rice

We had salmon sandwiches for breakfast.

Today we both worked but I did go to Ranch Market later in the afternoon and bought Mexican limes ($.79/lb.), lettuce, an eggplant ($.69/each) and 4 avocados for $.99.

When I returned home I made rice and cut up an eggplant into 2 inch by 1/3 inch strips, plus chopped up 1/3 pasilla chili and four small cloves of fresh garlic for Garlic Eggplant.

Suzette did the honors on the grill and at the wok, although I helped stir fry the eggplant to cook it before Suzette added the sauce and added it to the eggplant to finish preparing the dish and I did some major surgery on the last of a bunch of asparagus and steamed it

the fire must have gotten too hot and charred the teriyaki sauce on the salmon
.

We drank a bottle of Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc + Viognier from California ($11.99 at Jubilation).  I was surprised how light and dry it was.  I was expecting a heavier, sweeter wine. 

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment