Saturday, April 11, 2015

April 11, 2015 Lunch Bun Cha Gio at Vietnam 2000 Dinner Stir Fried Bulgur with lamb and broccoli

April 11, 2015 Lunch  Bun Cha Gio at Vietnam 2000  Dinner Stir Fried Bulgur with lamb and broccoli

I ate my usual Bun Cha Gio at Vietnam 2000 for lunch today.  I also went to Sprouts to shop after lunch as usual.  Today I bought a 2 lb. piece of fresh Atlantic raised salmon ($5.99/lb.), and bought a 2 lb. piece of lamb shoulder that I intend to cook in a stew with root vegetables, including carrots, beets and turnips from our garden and a parsnip I bought at Sprouts today.  I also bought broccoli crowns ($.99/lb.), cluster tomatoes ($.98/lb.), a cucumber for $.48, an eggplant for $1.25, and the deal of the day, 4 ears of fresh corn for $1.00.  I also bought medium firm tofu and two liter bottles of Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil ($7.99/liter).

When I returned home I made teriyaki sauce and marinated the salmon filet.

Teriyaki Sauce

7 Tbsp. of saki
7 Tbsp. of aji mirin
7 Tbsp. of premium dark soy
I Tbsp. of sugar

Heat the ingredients until the sugar goes into solution.   The sauce is ready to use as soon as it cools a bit.

After putting the salmon in a freezer bag with the marinade into the fridge, I rode to Rio Bravo and when I returned Suzette was home.  She was hungry, so we decided to make a single dish dinner by combining the PPI lamb with the PPI Bulgur and adding a head of Broccoli flowerets.  We cooked the broccoli in a covered pyrex bread baking dish with a bit of water for a couple of minutes. Then I sliced the larger flowerets in half and we added them to the bulgur and lamb and heated the whole affair for a couple of minutes and wer ready to eat. 

We drank beer with dinner.

We then watched a wonderful movie I happened to see on cable the other night, “The Chosen One” written and starring Rob Schneider and Steve Buscemi.   It has that Groundhog Day zen-like feel to it.  Anyone/everyone can be the chosen one, no matter how much trouble they experience in their life.


Bon Appétit     

No comments:

Post a Comment