Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 8, 2015 Lunch –Chirashi at Azuma Dinner - Sautéed Rib Steak and Red Onions with PPI Mashed Potatoes and Ratatouille and steamed string beans

January 8, 2015 Lunch –Chirashi at Azuma  Dinner - Sautéed Rib Steak and Red Onions with PPI Mashed Potatoes and Ratatouille and steamed string beans

What a great day of food.  At 12:30 I went to Azuma and ate my favorite, Chirashi Donburi ($14.95) with hot green tea.



Then I drove the short distance to Sprouts Farm Market and bought string beans ($1.88/lb.), broccoli crown ($.99/lb.), milk and granola.

I had thawed out a USDA Choice rib steak (Albertson’s $6.97/lb.) before I left the house.

I rode to Rio Bravo when I returned home.  When Suzette came home a little after 6:00 I had de-stemmed and snapped the string beans.
 
Suzette has come to the decision that it is too cold to grill on our propane grill outside in the winter, so we have begun sautéing our steaks in a large iron skillet with 1 large clove of garlic sliced thinly into rounds and butter. 

Today I added one ¼ red onion sliced thinly to the skillet with the steak.  The onions and garlic rounds cooked to a pleasant crispness to make a sauce/garnish for the steak.

I also warmed to room temperature some PPI Béarnaise Sauce and put a dab onto the steak and string beans and we heated PPI Mashed Potatoes from New Year’s Eve and Ratatouille from Tuesday night’s meal in the microwave.





I opened a bottle of 2012 Little Black Dress California Pinot Noir I bought at Total Wine for $7.99, before the 10% six bottle discount.  We had a wonderful meal.

The Little Black Dress Pinot Noir did not have much character but it was clean tasting with that good mild pinot noir elegance.  I will buy Little Black Dress Pinot Noir again.


After dinner I ate a few slices of brie cheese with the last of the wine and then we finished the chocolate pudding from Christmas Eve with the Crème Anglais pouring custard.

After dinner we soaked in the hot tub for about ten minutes and then I drifted off to sleep by 9:30 as I tried but failed to view “Doc Martin” on PBS.

Voila!


Bon Appétit        

No comments:

Post a Comment