Monday, January 26, 2015

January 23, 2015 Lunch Azuma Dinner Roasted Chicken with tomato couscous and steamed string beans

January 23, 2015  Lunch Azuma  Dinner Roasted Chicken with tomato couscous and steamed string beans

Aaron called this morning to catch up on recent developments in our ongoing adventures in business.  I have been Aaron’s corporate attorney for several years.  I had a hankering for Sushi so I invited him to join me for lunch at Azuma.  I ordered my favorite, Chirachi Donburi ($14.95) with 2 pieces each of salmon, octopus, tuna (maguro), ultra white and 4 pieces of yellowtail (hamachi).  Aaron ordered a volcano roll.  Both of the dishes were beautifully prepared and I told Aaron that Friday is the best day for sushi because fresh fish is delivered on Thursday.  Aaron loved his sushi and I got the impression that it was his first or second time at Azuma.

After lunch I went to Fano’s Bakery and bought a fresh French baguette.

When I arrived home after lunch, I called Suzette to remind her to bring home the aged beef and a roasted chicken from the Bistro.

When I arrived home from a ride to Rio Bravo at around 5:30 Suzette and the roasted chicken and beef had arrived home.

I asked her what she wanted to eat with the chicken and she agreed to my suggestion of tomato couscous, so I diced 1/3 onion and a clove of garlic and sautéed them in a sauce pan until it took on color and softened and then added 1 Roma tomato chopped and then 1 ½ cup of boiling water from the little and then brought that to a boil and added 1 cup of couscous and lowered the heat to a low simmer.  I cooked that at low heat for about 3 or 4 minutes and then turned off the heat.

I then de-stemmed the 1/4 pound of string beans I had bought at Sprouts Farm Market on Friday and steamed them and I fetched a bottle of 2010 La Contessa Spanish Viura from the basement fridge and chilled it for a few minutes and we were ready to eat.  Its color was a little on the dark gold side and I worried that it may have oxidized but the cork was tight and the flavor good.  God bless Trader Joe’s for their inexpensive good wines.

I heated the two leg quarters in the microwave on 2 plates and in a matter of minutes I had prepared a reasonably good dinner on a night when neither of us really wished to cook.

After dinner we ate a few dark chocolate covered cherries I had bought yesterday at Sprouts Farm Market ($5.99/lb.).


Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment