Friday, May 30, 2014

May 29, 2014 Lunch Ruby Tuesday’s in Las Cruces and Book Club snack

May 29, 2014 Lunch  Ruby Tuesday’s in Las Cruces and Book Club snacks

After a successful morning spent in Court, my client Sammie Singh said he wanted to eat lightly and invited Scott and me to lunch at Ruby Tuesday’s in Las Cruces, so we could get a salad.

Scott said Ruby Tuesday’s was his favorite restaurant because the food is good and the waitresses are pretty, so, on the basis of those two compelling reasons, we all agreed to go there.

When we arrived I saw what they meant.  It had one of the largest and nicest salad bars I have seen and many of the waitresses were lovely.  What a good formula for success in the food industry, good food and pleasant attractive waitresses!

Sammie said that Ruby Tuesday's served a great grilled salmon and so we all ordered that and Scott said they had the best rice preparation of any restaurant in Las Cruces, so we all ordered that and the salad bar as our two side orders with the salmon.

After we ordered we went to the salad bar and each of us filled a plate with lovely greens and ingredients.  I chose organic greens. sliced red tomatoes, soy beans, sunflower seeds, red onion slices, julienned carrot sticks and a few other ingredients.  As we were eating our salads, the salmon arrived.  The waitress brought us wedges of lemon and I drizzled lemon juice on my approximately 6 oz. piece of salmon.   I was amazed that the salmon was cooked exactly the way I like it, firm on the outside and slightly under cooked or pink in the center.

The rice was also good.  It was soft, almost as if it had been sautéed in butter and herbs before it was boiled (risotto).


Salad from large salad bar

Grilled Salmon covered with BBQ sauce and green rice

I loved lunch and then got on the road back to Albuquerque.  I got home in about 3 ½ hours, so I was able to have a cocktail with Suzette in the garden and still made it to my 7:00 book club meeting without rushing. 
Ken Gillen served lovely wines:  a Chateau St. Michelle Pinot Gris, a Cambria Pinot Noir, a Necchio Sangiovese and a Concha y Toro reserve Cabernet Sauvignon plus lots of snacks, such as guacamole and cheddar and brie cheese, chips and a lovely dark chocolate covered fruits and nuts selection from Costco. 

The dessert after the meeting was particularly lovely, a mousse cake, also from Costco.

I ate and drank to excess, just like the American prisoners at the end of the war when they were liberated from the Japanese POW camps that we read about in this month’s book selection “Unbroken”.

Dick Arms, who is one of our book club members and a stock market analyst and writer, was kind enough to give each of us an autographed copy of his new book, Arms Candlevolume, which I am looking forward to reading.


Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment