Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 26, 2014 Sloppy Joe’s and PPI Cauliflower Soup and PPI Brussels Sprouts

March 26, 2014 Sloppy Joe’s and PPI Cauliflower Soup and PPI Brussels Sprouts

Just as I suggested yesterday, we made Sloppy Joe’s tonight.  At around 6:00 I shredded last nights’ pork roast and put it in an enameled sauce pan and added about ½ cup of BBQ sauce to it and then Suzette added about ½ cup of water to liquefy the sauce and meat.  After about 20 minutes of stirring and pulling apart the meat it went into solution (I added water as needed to emulsify the meat and sauce combination.).
I cut slices of fresh baguette I bought at Fano’s yesterday and toasted it and then spread spoonsful of the meat and sauce mixture on the bread.  The sauce immediately sank into the bread to make a delicious open faced sandwich.  I heated the PPI Brussels sprouts and ate a spoonful of them with the Sloppy Joe open faced sandwiches.  We drank beers with the sandwiches for a quick easy meal.

Suzette ate a bowl of Cream of Cauliflower soup with some of the warm Brussels sprouts on it as a garnish, while I ate a bowl of soup after my sandwich as a second course.
   
I was tired and went to bed at 7:30 p.m. after a day of struggling to get my printer to work properly and ending up having to buy a new printer.


Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment