Thursday, May 31, 2018

May 31, 2018 Lunch – Padilla’s Restaurant. Book Club.

May 31, 2018 Lunch – Padilla’s Restaurant. Book Club.

I ate the usual yogurt, milk, blueberries, and granola for breakfast.

I decided to go to Padilla’s for lunch.  I ordered a chili Relleno plate with double beans.  The chili Rellenos were imperfect.  One was properly battered but lacked the usual mozzarella cheese stuffing.  The other one was stuffed with cheese but it was improperly battered with the top exposed to the grease which made the chili tough to inedible..  Next time I will an immediate dissection of the rellenos immediately to try to determine if the chili is soft and fully encased in batter.  On the other hand the beans were excellent, plump and soft, absolutely delicious.  I was served two sopapillas.  Since Padilla’s sopapillas are very highly rated I could not resist eating one, but I was very stingy with the honey.  It will take a higher order of dietary control to not succumb to Padilla’s sopapillas than I or most other normal people have.

I ate the two chili rellenos and all the beans, so, I was not hungry for dinner.  Instead I took a nap from 4:00 until 5:30, watched some news, worked with Mario for a bit and then at 6:30 drove to Book Club.  We had a great meeting discussing The Remains of the Day and lots of other things.  I could not help staring at the wall across from me where there were three paintings, one by Pablita Velarde, one by Helen Hardin and one by Helen’s daughter,                 . All three generations of the famous family of female Indian painters.  Here are pictures of the paintings.

Bob put out a lovely cheese board with a round of Boursin, a wedge of blue cheese and an aged American cheddar.  I ate a slice of each on triscuits.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment