Sunday, September 11, 2016

September 9, 2016 Lunch – East Ocean, Dinner – Salad at Cynthia and Ricardo’s house and Pizza at Pueblo Cultural Center’s Party on the Patio

September 9, 2016 Lunch – East Ocean,  Dinner – Salad at Cynthia and Ricardo’s house and Pizza at Pueblo Cultural Center’s Party on the Patio

I picked Ioana Whole Foods and we went to the Law Library at 9:30 and I dropped her of at her car at Whole Foods at 11:15.  Since I was already out and close to East Ocean, I decided to eat my usual Friday lunch there.  When I walked in Ma was sitting eating a snack and I waved hello to him. I ordered my usual, Scallops in Lobster Sauce.  Shortly after I ordered Ma returned to the kitchen and I swear, when I tasted my dish, it tasted like Ma had made it.  The hand of the master was discernible in the food. Before coming to Albuquerque, Ma had been a Seafood chef in Hong Kong, which explains why East Ocean is my favorite Chinese restaurant and seafood restaurant in Albuquerque and why paying $7.45 for my favorite lunch of egg drop soup made with real chicken, scallops in Lobster Sauce with Sweet and Sour Chicken and hot tea always seems like a gift from heaven.

At 4:30 I grabbed a ripe avocado and drove to Cynthia and Ricardo’s house.  While Ricardo was getting ready, Cynthia chopped up the avocado and added it to the guacamole she had made.  Ricardo made gin and tonics for us with a wonderful tonic I had not had before named Q tonic, made in Brooklyn with hand picked wild Peruvian quinine and And sweetened with agave syrup and Svedka gin.  I had never had a smoother tasting gin and tonic.  We left for the Pueblo Cultural Center around 5:30 and met Suzette there.

Suzette did not want pizza and ordered an interesting dish called Three Sisters from the regular dinner menu of the restaurant.  It was served on a specially shaped platter with a bowl and widen rim on one side.  In the bowl was a tasty corn chowder with two black bean fritters garnished with fried strips of onion and on the rim was a sautéed medley of grape tomatoes, squash slices, and onions; an attractive and tasty dish.  At 6:00 the pizza crew fired up the pizza oven and started making pizzas.  We danced and ate pizza until around 8:30 or 9:00 and then went home happy and full.

I ate a little yogurt to avoid a lactic reaction to all of the cheese on the pizza and watched TV until midnight.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment