Friday, January 22, 2016

January 21, 2016 New Recipe - Cloud Egg Noodles

January 21, 2016 New Recipe - Cloud Egg Noodles

I was on deadline for a 10th Circuit filing today, so did not have time to shop or cook. 

Surprisingly, I came up with an amazing lunch dish.  There was only about 1cup of noodle soup left, so as I heated it and stirred in two eggs whipped with 1 tsp. of Chinese Cooking wine and 1 stalk of Bok Choy diced and ½ cup of water.m

The result was amazing.  I put the whipped eggs in as the soup was coming to a simmer and they fully emulsified, which worried me a bit because I saw no egg curds  But, as the soup cooked and the temperature rose, the eggs congealed into soft clouds.  The result was lovely mounds of egg custard floating in the light soup broth with all the other ingredients mixed in.  It was one of the best lunches I have had in a long time.  

Dinner was reheated stroganoff goulash in a skillet with ½ cup of milk to emulsify it.

Delicious but nothing to write home about.

I got my filing filed on time.

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment