Monday, November 30, 2015

November 29, 2015 Breakfast – Granola and fruit salad and PPI baked pasta, Dinner – split Pea and Ham

November 29, 2015 Breakfast – Granola and fruit salad and PPI baked pasta,  Dinner – split Pea and Ham 

I peeled and cubed the pineapple I bought at Ranch Market a week ago and three navel oranges.  Then I opened the Jumex Mango nectar liter box I bought at Ranch Market and poured mango juice over a bowl of granola, fruit salad, and Kirtland Greek style yogurt for my favorite type of biodynamic breakfast.  Suzette was hungry and microwaved a bowl of PPI baked pasta and meatballs left from a girls’ group birthday party earlier this year that we froze and I had thawed out on Friday.  

Then Suzette worked in the garden, watering the vegetable beds and I went back to sleep for an hour.  I try to rest one day a week, especially since I am nursing my sore arm that I hurt when I fell from my bike last week, which I will have x-rayed this week.

At 11:30 Suzette woke me and we drove to Goodwill, where she purchased a new kitchen stool.  We then drove to Total Wine and I was surprised to see that the Morel Signateures Cotes Du Rhone was reduced from $14.99 to 9.99.  I took my $20.00 off $100.00 of wine coupon and Robert, the assistant manager honored it although it was a bit out of date.  I bought 2 bottles of Santiago Station Devil Back Argentinean Cabernet Sauvignon, 2 bottles of Roero Anglies Italian White, 5 bottles of Famille Perrin Cotes Du Rhone, and 5 bottles of the Morel Signateures red Cotes Du Rhone.  Suzette bought two 1.75 liter bottles of a featured scotch for $23.99. I should have checked the whites and rose Cotes Du Rhone, but I was satisfied with my $100.00 of purchases of reds.  

We drove home and I had another nap while Suzette used several bags of soup ingredients, including ½ lb. of split peas, ½ onion, some garlic, and the PPI spiral cut ham to make a split pea soup.  At 4:30 I awoke and cut up the ham and the bag of red chard Suzette had brought home from the garden at the Center for Ageless Living.

At 6:00 we decided to eat the soup for dinner, instead of cooking another meal.  Suzette wanted some bread, so she sliced four slices of French baguette and we toasted them and I fetched the Boursin herbed cheese to smear on the toast.  We drank water with the soup.  The split peas had not completely re-hydrated but otherwise the soup tasted great.  

We then assembled the new stool Suzette had bought at Goodwill, which is the old style kind that have a screw mechanism that allows one to adjust the height of the seat easily, so she or I can use it at our counter top in the kitchen.  

Suzette had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with the rhubarb and blackberry compote she made last week and we went to bed early at around 8:00 to 9:00.

Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment