Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April 22, 2015 Lunch - Enchiladas with Chard couscous Dinner - Yanni’s

April 22, 2015  Lunch -  Enchiladas with Chard couscous  Dinner - Yanni’s

I made enchiladas yesterday while working on a brief.  PPI Shed Red Chili Sauce, some PPI over salted aged beef, slices of Manchego cheese, sour cream, five tortillas, 1 cup of roasted vegetables.  I diluted the red chili with water and Knorr’s dehydrated chicken stock and soaked each tortilla until it softened, then lay them in layers in a large pasta bowl and added meat, cheese, and vegetables in two layers with cheese slices on top to cover the tortillas.  I then poured the rest of the sauce into the enchilada bowl until it came to the top of the enchiladas and I baked the enchilada filled bowl in a 400˚ oven until the sauce began to bubble (perhaps 20 minutes).    I diced a tomato and about 3 Tbsps. of onion and garnished the top of the enchiladas with sour cream and onion and tomato.  It made a lovely lunch and I could only each half of it so I heated the PPI enchiladas with PPI chard and couscous today and had a great lunch.  

Today is not only Earth Day but it is also filing day for my brief in the 10th Circuit Ct of Appeals.  Luckily I spent 20 hours on organizing and finishing it yesterday so today was a relaxing day, as Carolyn and Scott did the final prep. 

Melissa is in town and she and Suzette made plans to go to dinner at Yanni’s in Nob Hill tonight.  My work was done yesterday on the brief so I was able to join Mellissa and Suzette for dinner.  I got my usual, lamb shank, Suzette got a dish called baked pineapple which was a lot like a seafood sweet and sour dish at a Chinese restaurant, if you added a little beef stock to the sweet and sour sauce.  She did not like the sweetness and I though it a bit much for an entrée.  Melisa tried the Vegetable Relleño with grilled scallops.  The vegetable stuffed pasilla chili had very little flavor.  My dish is very predictable.  I get is every time.  A lamb shank cooked in a tomato sauce and served with steamed julienned vegetables and a pile of rice risotto.  We ordered a new bottle of wine, a Spanish Navarra that was a blend of Grenache, Merlot, cabernet and syrah.  We did not like it very much because of the darker merlot character, but we had a taste of Famille Perrin’s Côte du Rhône Reserve Rosé that was wonderfully dry and yet fruity.  I liked it the better than anything else in the meal.

Still need to file the brief with the 10th Cir., so need to go.


Bon Appétit   

No comments:

Post a Comment