Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 2017 Lunch – Cesar Salad with Cornbread, Dinner – PPI Beef Stroganoff with Sautéed Zucchini Squash and Onion

January 30, 2017 Lunch – Cesar Salad with Cornbread,  Dinner – PPI Beef Stroganoff with Sautéed Zucchini Squash and Onion

Today I was busy and not very hungry, so I skipped breakfast and ate a fresh Cesar Salad for lunch and cut the two PPI pieces of cornbread left from last night’s meal in half and buttered them and heated the four pieces to melt the butter.  I then drizzled the cornbread pieces with honey and after I ate my salad made a cup of tea and ate the cornbread with the tea as dessert.

Suzette came home around 4:00 hungry, so she made a warn sandwich She sliced the PPI pork from last night’s meal with slices of Cheddar cheese on rye bread and toasted it in a skillet with butter.

Since Suzette was not hungry at 6:30 I looked in the fridge and found the PPI Beef Stroganoff with spinach, which I heated.  I halved lengthwise and thinly sliced two zucchini and 1/3 of an onion and sautéed the sliced vegetables in 1 T. of butter and 1 T. of olive oil in a medium skillet with 1 tsp. of dried marjoram until tender.  I then put about 1 cup of zucchini in a pasta bowl and spooned about 1 ½ cups of Stroganoff over the zucchini.  I drank a glass of Benton Lane Rose’ with dinner.

Later I ate vanilla ice cream garnished with poached pears and drizzled with Hershey’s chocolate syrup as I watched the Antiques Roadshow with Suzette.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment