Saturday, October 1, 2016

September 29, 2016 Lunch – Chirashi at Ichiban Restaurant. Dinner – PPI Pesto Pasta with Pork and Chard

September 29, 2016 Lunch – Chirashi at Ichiban Restaurant. Dinner – PPI Pesto Pasta with Pork and Chard

I had a hankering for Sushi today so I called my main sushi man, Robert Mueller, and we agreed to meet at Ichiban Restaurant located in the shopping center at the northwest corner of Alameda and Coors.

Ichiban is my new favorite Chirashi lunch place, for two reasons.   First, it makes a good fresh cup of green tea. Second, the sushi chef creates a more interesting assortment of items in the Chirashi box.  I particularly like the addition of seaweed salad, squid salad, and flying fish eggs.  Although this was only my second time to order Chirashi at Ichiban, I have come to the conclusion that the best way to eat it is to remove many of the slices of fish to a separate plate where I cut them into bite sized pieces and then stir the seaweed, flying fish eggs and squid salad into the sushi rice and eat the tasty mixture.  Also,  Ichiban slices the fish more thinly, which seems more elegant to me.


The lunch is served with a salad with a ginger dressing and a good miso soup.


After lunch I went next door to Sprouts and bought some granola.

I started to thaw a pork tender, but when Suzette arrived we decided to make a quick dinner with PPIs, since I had to o to book club at 6:30.  I diced ½ onion and several cloves of garlic and a pork chop.  Suzette then sautéed the onion and garlic and added PPI pasta and1 T. of pesto and then the diced pork and finally PPI Catalan style chard with pine nuts, apples, and raisins.

Soon we were eating a hearty one dish dinner with a glass of rose’.


I went to book club at 6:30 and we discussed Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Truman a Capote.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment