Thursday, September 24, 2015

September 22, 2015 duck foie gras with red cipolini onions Sautéed in honey and lavender

September 22, 2015 duck foie gras with red cipolini onions Sautéed in honey and lavender

At lunch I Sauteed two Italian sausages with PPI spaghetti and ate a plate of it with a glass of Cotes du Rhone.  

For dinner we made a special meal of some of the foie gras we bought in Bayeaux, France in June.   We clipped the top and bottom from four red cipolini onions and sliced a clove of garlic, cherry tomatoes.  Suzette Sautéed the onions and garlic while I sliced and toasted whole wheat bread and opened and cut the can of foie gras mousse into five slices. 

I placed a slice of foie gras on each piece of bread and then Suzette placed the Sautéed cipolini onions, honey, and lavender beside them.  I poured the last of the Pineau into glasses and we enjoyed an elegant light dinner. 





We also ate the PPI pickled cucumber and red onion salad I had made several days ago with the foie gras and garnished our plates with cherry tomatoes fresh from our garden to complete the meal.

After eating the foie gras, I decided to open the Isiney Ste Mere Brie I had bought at Costco.  I toasted additional slices of whole wheat sourdough bread and cut slices of Brie to cover the bread, which we ate with PPI red wine.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment