Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 4, 2015  Lunch  Azuma Chirashi Donburi  Dinner  New Recipe  Braised Green Cabbage with apples and red bell pepper and Braised Kielbasa sausage with Cipollini onions

Lunch was a below average Chirashi Donburi because the yellow tail was stringy and there was no green hot tea.  Can you believe a Japanese restaurant that only offers Oolong and Jasmine tea?  I will take my own tea bag next time.

I finished my work around 4:00, and rode to Montano and back at 4:30 with the last ten minutes in a light rain.

After I showered at 6:00 Suzette was still not at home so I started dinner without her.

New Recipe 

I decided to make braised cabbage in the Hungarian style.  I shredded ½ head of green cabbage, ½ of a red bell pepper, 1 granny smith apple and 1 gala apple and put them in the wok with some olive oil and ground cumin and tossed the mixture and stir fried it. 

I then peeled the ½ lb. of Cippollini onions Suzette bought at Sprouts yesterday for $2.99 and then cut the lb. of Kilelbasa sausage we had thawed into half round slices and sautéed them in a large skillet.  By 7:00 Suzette still had not arrived and I decided the sausage and onion dish needed a little pizazz, so I added about ½ lb. of fresh pineapple slices to the sausage e and onion skillet and braised them with the dish. 

I also se-stemmed and put about 15 stalks of asparagus into the steamer with water and started them when Suzette arrived around 7:30 p.m.

After Suzette showered I went and fetched Coors beers from the fridge in the garage and we filled our plates with braised cabbage, red bell pepper and apple mixture and the braised sausage, onion and pineapple mixture.

We loved the combination of flavors of the two dishes when mixed together.  The combined dish had both strong fruit flavors and yet seemed very German in spirit.   The dish did not need any extra condiment.  The Kielbasa sausage had enough salt and fat to carry the whole dish and after an hour of slowly sautéing with the sausage slices, the Cipollini onions were melt in your mouth delicious.




I ate a bowl of Spumoni ice cream after dinner with some grappa and lemon curd to celebrate the New Recipe


Bon Appétit 

No comments:

Post a Comment