Saturday, March 21, 2015

March 20, 2015 Roasted BBQ Chicken, Couscous with Arugula and PPI Roasted Vegetables

March 20, 2015  Roasted BBQ Chicken, Couscous with Arugula and PPI Roasted Vegetables

Tonight I had to work on my water case, so I asked Suzette to being home a roasted chicken from the Greenhouse Bistro and Bakery.

Suzette arrived shortly after 5:00 with a roasted BBQ chicken and a hunger, so we decided to do a make a quick dinner.

We went outside and picked fresh arugula from our garden and I prepared couscous with 1 ½ cup of water, 1 Tbsp. of butter and 1 cup of couscous.  When the couscous had cooked for a couple of minutes we put the arugula into the pot and covered it again to steam anc cook the arugula. 

Suzette also microwaved the PPI roasted vegetables I made a couple of days ago.
The chicken was still warm, so I took of the hind quarters on each side and put them on plates and Suzette divided the warmed roasted vegetables and we scooped out ladles of fresh hot couscous with arugula and were ready to eat.  I poured out the last of the PPI bottle of Concannon Sauvignon Blanc White wine and we had a lovely meal.

After dinner we took a walk and enjoyed the twilight sun set.  Then I worked a few minutes more and we watched Washington Week in Review and I ate chocolate ice cream

Later we watched “Angriest Man in Brooklyn”, which must have been Robin Williams last movie.  It was rather sad to see him in his last movie and the theme of the movie was rather sad, a man with a angry personality diagnosed with an aneurism who is given 90 minutes to live trying to come to terms with those who he is nearest to in his family. 


Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment