Thursday, November 6, 2014

November 5, 2014 Roasted Chicken, Israeli Couscous and Sugar Snap Peas

November 5, 2014 Roasted Chicken, Israeli Couscous and Sugar Snap Peas

When Suzette called to tell me she was on the road, I started a pot of Israeli couscous.  Unfortunately, José came over to meet with me and I forgot to monitor the couscous and it was scorched and blackened on the bottom of the pan, I salvaged what kernels were not burned and soaked the pan and then de-stemmed the last cup of sugar snap peas and steamed them.

With about 3 minutes to go on the peas’ 8 minute cooking time, Suzette walked in the door with a warm roasted chicken from her Greenhouse Bistro and Bakery.  We had a lovely meal, especially when I put a dab of Béarnaise sauce on the couscous and peas.

I drank the last of the PPI Le Vieille Ferme rosé (Trader Joe’s $5.99) and Suzette drank the last of the J Pinot Gris (Costco $11.99).

We loved dinner and then I went to meditate.


Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment