Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 9, 2013 Crab Cakes with Corn on the Cob and fresh sliced Tomatoes

September 9, 2013 Crab Cakes with Corn on the Cob and fresh sliced Tomatoes

We wanted a simple light meal.  Suzette suggested making crab cakes with the can of crab I had bought at Costco about two weeks ago and eating it with an ear of Moriarty corn we bought at the Farmer’s market last Saturday.  I agreed immediately.
Suzette has a favorite recipe for Crab Cakes that she and her mother both use which is from the Williamsburg Cookbook, Page 68-69.



 

 


 
When the Crab cakes were formed Suzette put them into the fridge for a few minutes to allow the sauce and ingredients to emulsify a bit.  Then she sautéed them in butter and olive oil and she started a pot of water boiling to simmer the corn.  I shucked two ears of corn and slid them into the boiling water and then sliced one red and one yellow tomato from our garden and refreshed the tarragon vinaigrette dressing I had made for my salad at lunch and drizzled that over the sliced tomatoes that Suzette had arranged artistically on our plates.  When the corn and crab cakes was cooked, Suzette laid them on the plates and we were ready to eat. 

I opened a bottle of 2012 Whispering Angel rosé from Côtes de Provence (Costco $15.99) produced by Caves D’ Esclans, which is about the most I will pay for a rosé.  I consider it worth it for this bottle because it is the most elegantly light rosé that I am aware of available in this market for the price.  I love an elegantly clean French finish in my wines and Whispering Angel has every other rosé beat in that category.  If you ever want to drink a really light rosé with a dish such as fresh crab, Whispering Angel is  always a good choice.  

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment