Wednesday, July 29, 2020

July 29, 2020 .lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21. Dinner – Sausage Stuffed Baked Zucchini with Mornay Sauce

July 29, 2020 .lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21. Dinner – Sausage Stuffed Baked Zucchini with Mornay Sauce

I did not eat breakfast.  The market took off slowly buy built support as the day continued and ended up 160 points on the Dow.  My portfolio went up to the fourth highest point ever.

I left home at 10:00 and drove to my podiatry appointment at 10:30.  Then I drove to Trader Joe’s and bought 17 bottles of wine and a baguette, chocolate, and Artichokes.

Here is the receipt.


I then drove to Istanbul Market but it was closed. I phoned 2000 Vietnam and ordered a No. 21 from the parking lot where Istanbul once was located. And then drove to Sprouts on San Mateo at Lomas where I bought Salmon, tuna, chocolate covered almonds, red bell peppers, fresh corn on the cob, asparagus, and a few other items.

I then picked up the number 21 at 2000 Vietnam and drove home.

I picked mint and basil in the garden and then added to it cilantro and Romaine lettuce and enjoyed a lovely lunch with a glass of sweetened iced coffee.





I then worked for a bit and then read an hour and then at 5:00 meditated on Zoom with the three stones group.

After meditating I talked to Luke for a while and at 6:30 joined Suzette in the kitchen.  She had started prepping her famous stuffed zucchini.  She brought four large zucchini’s home from the Center’s garden.

We used 1 ½ zucchinis.  Suzette removed the seeds to create a deep channel in the middle.  She then sautéed ½ onion, ½ lb. of Jimmy Dean Sausage, and 1 T. of fresh sage.  Then suzette made a mornay
Sauce with a roux of butter and flour and then added milk to make a cream sauce to which we added
½ cup of grated Dubliner Irish cheddar cheese.





Suzette then filled the deep channels with the sausage stuffing and then drizzled mornay sauce over the squashes and baked them for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

I decided to drink a 2016 Benton Lane 100% Pinot Noir.  I love the deep pink color and Pinot flavored wine.



Suzette lay a bed of kale and arugula in a pasta bowl and then  took glasses and the bowls of baked stuffed zucchini to the table in the garden.

The evening was clear, so we decided to drive west north on Paseo del Volcan to the volcanos to look for the comet.  When we arrived after about twenty minutes the parking lot was full of cars.  We saw a telescope and went to it and saw the four moons of Jupiter.  We then walked past the locked gate toward the volcanos to the east until we were near total darkness.

The moon was so bright it made it hard to to see lots of the night sky.

After we sipped some cognac and ate a cookie we walked backed to the car and group of sky viewers.  One of the ladies had access to a website that showed the track of the comet by time, which permitted me to locate it.  It was just a fuzzy ball, but clearly visible with binoculars.  Tonight was also a meteor shower and  I saw a shouting star.

So it was a good night.  After an hour we returned home and Suzette went to bed and I stayed up to complete this blog and I also drank a cup of tea with some of the slice of chocolate cake Suzette brought home from the Bistro.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment