Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 19, 2016 Lunch – Salad and Swiss Cheese sandwich, Dinner – Grilled Teriyaki Marinated Tuna steak, As ian Cole Slaw, and sauteed string beans, bean sprouts, and red bell pepper

  April 19, 2016 Lunch – Salad and Swiss Cheese sandwich, Dinner – Grilled Teriyaki Marinated Tuna steak, Asian Cole Slaw, and sauteed string beans, bean sprouts, and red bell pepper

I did not eat breakfast. By 11:30 I was really hungry, so I went to the garden and picked a basket of greens and made a salad with green onion, tomato, cucumber, and a tarragon vinaigrette dressing that i freshened up with a chopped sprig of tarragon and a garlic from the garden..  I also sliced and toasted a piece of baguette and melted slices of Swiss Gruyere cheese on them.  I added a bit of lemon and mayonnaise to the dill mayonnaise sauce for the artichoke to freshen it up and expand the quantity and we ate the PPI artichoke for lunch.
 Buddy arrived and joined me for lunch.

I wanted to get some fish for dinner.  I called Suzette to see if she would like some sashimi.  She said, “I would prefer to grill some fish,” so I went to Sprouts and bought two nice tuna steaks weighing a total of 1.3 lb. for $7.99/lb., a red bell pepper, some string beans, and a cauliflower.

I went home and made a teriyaki marinade by heating 5 T. each of saki, Aji Mirin, and regular soy sauce and 1 T. of sugar until the sugar dissolved into solution. I let the marinade cool and then placed the tuna steaks in the pot that I made the marinade in to marinate.  

Suzette came home around 5:30 tired and hungry.  After we inspected the garden we decided to cook at 6:00.  We decided to blanch the string beans and sauté them with mung bean sprouts, shallot, garlic, and, red bell pepper.  I chopped ½ of the red bell pepper, 1 shallot, four small cloves of garlic and snapped the ends of the string beans and broke them into bite sized pieces.

I sautéed the shallot, garlic, and red bell pepper in 2 T. of butter and ½ T. of olive oil for about fifteen minutes.  I steamed the string beans and after Suzette put the tuna steaks on the grill she added the string beans to the ingredients in the skillet.  I simmered the ingredients covered for several minutes to heat the ingredients and when Suzette brought the grilled tuna in I added a handful of mung bean sprouts to the skillet and cooked the ingredients covered for another five minutes until the bean sprouts seemed to have heated and cooked a bit.  

While the fish was grilling and the vegetables sautéing, I added 1 tsp. Of sesame oil and 1 ½ tsp. of Aji Mirin to the PPI carrot and cabbage Cole Slaw Suzette had made.
 
  
We served the three dishes with a glass of water for a simply delicious dinner while we watched the PBS program, “Ten Cities that Changed America”.  We ate ice cream for dessert while we watched the N.Y. primary Election results.   If New York is representative, it looks like the candidates for the general election will be Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. 

Bon Appetit

 




No comments:

Post a Comment