September 14, 2026 Breakfast - Ham, cheese, onion, and mushroom Omelet Lunch - Shrimp Salad. Dinner - A De Lisle Restaurant
I slept until 8:00 again. Then I made a baked ham, Tomme de Savoie and Brie cheeses, mushroom, and onion omelet with two slices of baguette buttered and spread with apricot preserves and earl Grey tea with collagen.
The omelet was soft, fluffy, and delicious.
At 11:00 Elaine, Suzette and I went swimming at Portosolis Beach.
I fell in about 1 foot of water, but Suzette and a French woman pulled me upright.
We returned to the villa and after showering and dressing, we made lunch. The menu was shrimp salad again, which has become a favorite meal, lettuce, cooked green beans, cooked baby potatoes, radish slices, slices of hard boiled egg, 6 large cooked shrimp cut into four pieces each, and cucumber slices.
We dressed the salad with my favorite shallot vinegar and mayonnaise dressing.
After lunch we rested from 2:20 to 3:00 and then drove to the Sapovar Coop store where I bought 2 5 liters boxes of Ray-Jane rose’ to see how good it is in a plastic bag. Five liters is 6,66 bottles of wine and at $5€ a bottle half the price of bottled wine of the same kind by the same producer. I also bought five plums from the Alps.
We then drove around the circle to Intermarche where we bought tomatoes, milk, eggs,
goat cheese, Beaufort, and Leyden cheese, peaches, pears, baguette, duck pate, honey, Earl Grey tea bags, water, and 4 pork cutlets.
We then worked on the puzzle for two hours.
At 6:00 we dressed and walked to Au de Lisle at 6:30 for dinner.
The menu was rather limited. It was out of the dish we wanted, fried Sardines, so Suzette ordered sautéed cuttlefish with rice and eggplant, I ordered steak with twice fried French fries that were excellent, Billy ordered a whole sea bass that he had to filet, and Elaine ordered chicken couscous that was interesting.
My entrecôte was the usual sirloin but it was cooked to medium rare, so was edible. The fest part of my dish were the twice fried fried potatoes and the crème fraiche porcini sauce.
Our expectations that the restaurant was rated 4.9 were not met and we will not go back.
They did give us a complimentary glass a limoncello for dessert that was sweeter than the limoncello we make, but had that bitter lemon kick.
We walked back to the villa in 35 minutes with one sugar pill and recovered quickly and wrote this blog.
By 10:15 I was ready for bed.
It was an exciting and restful day as we re-provisioned the kitchen.
The best dish was the breakfast omelet. Dinner was the most disappointing.
Bon Appetit












No comments:
Post a Comment