Tuesday, July 13, 2021

July 13, 2021 Lunch - PPI Roast Chicken, rice, and Ratatouille. Dinner - Boiled and Sautéed Italian Sweet Sausages with red Cabbage

July 13, 2021 Lunch - PPI Roast Chicken, rice, and Ratatouille. Dinner - Boiled and Sautéed Italian Sweet Sausages with red Cabbage


Again I did not eat breakfast but instead walked 1/2 mile with 1 sugar pill.


I then had an appointment and then watched the finish of Stage 16 of the Tour.  Today the champion of Austria, Konrad won the stage in a 45 mile long breakaway on a mountain stage by 1 minute.  He had the best legs, as is said of strong cycling performances, such as today.


I was hungry and heated up the leftovers I saved from last Friday night’s dinner, slices of chicken roasted at the Bistro with rice and ratatouille with a glass of rosé. I was still hungry after Lunch so I spread brie on several toasted slices of baguette and drank the rest of the Calstar 2018 Zinfandel and 8 cookies.


I had another appointment at 2:30 and then napped from 3:30 to 5:20.


I fetched four frozen Italian Sweet Sausages and put them in the sink to thaw.


I worked until 6:00 when Suzette arrived and then suggested making Sausages and red cabbage.  Suzette was up for that so I sliced thinly 2/3 of a head of red cabbage. I also went to the garden and fetched a sprig of sage and diced 1/2 onion and three cloves of garlic and about ten sage leaves.


Suzette cooked the sausages in her normal manner that I love.  She poached them in water until the water evaporated and then sautéed them in some olive oil with the cabbage, onion, sage, a bit of honey, and garlic until the cabbage was cooked. Suzette made a sauce combining Mayo, horseradish, and Dijon mustard and then plated the simple dinner.  I drank a Negra Modelo and Suzette drank the last glass of Rodney Strong rosé.







We watched Finding Your Roots, although tonight’s three persons were not very interesting, the artist DeGrate, a Mexican film director, and the Yugoslavian artist Abramovitz.


We did not watch much of it, as we were cooking for some portion of it.


After dinner we watch some Stage 15 of the bike race and some of Lawrence O’Donnell and retired to the bedroom at 9:00, Suzette to sleep and I to blog.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment