Monday, September 15, 2014

September 13, 2014 Dinner Teriyaki Grilled Salmon and Stir fried Asparagus and Rice

We had bought a fresh sockeye salmon filet on Saturday at Sprouts ($7.99/lb.?) and asparagus ($3.98) plus green beans and lettuce.  Around 1:00 p.m. I made teriyaki sauce with 7 Tbsps. reach of saki, Aji Mirin and Double/dark soy sauce and 1 tsp. of sugar.   I then poured the teriyaki into a freezer bag and put in and marinated the salmon filet in the fridge until 7:00

At 6:00 Suzette made I cup of rice and cut a cedar plank to the length of the salmon filet and soaked it in water.

At 7:00 she started the grill and put on the plank with the salmon on it. 

I cut up one shallot, about fifteen stalks of asparagus, about 1 Tbsp. of ginger root, two scallions and five or six small cloves of garlic.  I then heated about 2 Tbsps. of peanut oil in my wok and added the ginger, shallot, garlic, and scallion mixture.  I cubed a 1/2 inch thick slice of medium tofu and after 2 or 3 minutes I added the asparagus and tofu and 1 tsp. of sugar, 1/4 tsp. of salt, 1 Tbsp. of Chinese cooking wine and 1 Tbsp. of soy and 1/2 Tbsp. of sesame oil and cooked the mixture for another three or four minutes.

In a matter of minutes we had a delicious hot meal.  We each took a spoonful of rice and laid a spoonful of the stir fried asparagus on it and then cut a piece of salmon off the board for a lovely plate of food.


Suzette drank a Modelo Especial beer and I drank a cup of Hu Wa smoked tea.

Bon Appétit
  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment