Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 13, 2013 Lunch East Ocean Dinner Bobby Flay Chicken and Cucumber, Onion and Tomato Salad

August 13, 2014 Lunch East Ocean   Dinner Bobby Flay Chicken and Cucumber, Onion and Tomato Salad

I stopped at East Ocean on my way to my 1:30 appointment.  I was torn between a vegetable rich dish like chow main and my usual scallops in Lobster Sauce that I had tried elsewhere that used pre-cooked bay scallops that turned out to give it a hardened, tasteless flavor.  I ordered the scallops in lobster sauce and when the dish was served at East Ocean (3601 Carlisle NE) I realized why I love East Ocean’s version. Sliced fresh sea scallops cooked in the sauce that forms a puddle of scallop juice around each scallop and lots of egg and lean pork in a rich chicken sauce.  The substitution of scallops costs $1.00 extra and it is worth it in my book, so instead of $5.50 for shrimp in Lobster Sauce, the Scallops in Lobster Sauce is $6.50, which I think is a great price for a delicious seafood lunch.

I went to Pro’s Ranch Market for produce after the appointment and bought regular tomatoes (2 lbs./$.99), limes (3 lbs./$.99) and yellow onions (3 lbs./$.99) and fresh chicken thighs ($.99/lb.). God bless the Russians for banning Western chicken and produce.

When I returned home I decided to use some of the fresh cucumbers from our garden and the fresh produce from Pro’s to make a cucumber, tomato and onion salad.  I cubed a tomato, ½ onion and 1 1/2 cucumbers and added about 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar mixed with 1 1/2 tsps. of sugar and about  1 tsp. of salt and covered the bowl and put it in the fridge to chill.

When Suzette came home at around 7:00 she was in a bad mood from a long day of work and I had to push her a bit to get into dinner.  We finally decided to prepare the Bobby Flay chicken recipe given to us by Susan Palmer.  Here is the recipe:





 In about thirty minutes we had cooked a hot delicious dinner a made the sauce from lovage, parsley, and mint from our garden, plus about 2 Tbsps. of fresh pasilla chili. 




I drank a glass of PPI Concanon Sauvignon Blanc and Suzette drank a Modelo Especial pilsner.

After dinner we ate ice cream and PPI clafoutis.


Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment